Test with fabric mache at the maquette

I experimented with different materials to find the one that I thinks it fits better. Packing foam didn’t work because I didn’t manage to harden it. This is the result of the fabric mache. I have put three big pieces of fabric, different kind and colour. After a chat I had with Broghan from my group at our studio, I decided to put a red coloured fabric inside and a plain coloured fabric from the outside. I really liked this idea of the unknown. The viewer won’t see the interior colour of the sculpture until he will go inside. It reminds me of “The Little Prince”‘ s drawing of the boa digesting an elephant. They both have similar shape, but also you can’t understand what they are or what it’s inside them.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *