I W a n t T o B e I n s i d e Y o u //green screen video

Experimenting with the green screen. It was just a test and I am not so happy with the results, but I found it really interested. The final idea was the second person be someone else than me, but I think that was is more inspired. Reminded me of the movie I recently saw with Natalie Portman, “Annihilation”, Alex Garland’s mind-bending sci-fi horror.

In the end of the movie the main character discovers the location that she was looking for, that a meteor landed and create the shimmer, a massive soap bubble, and finds a sort of cell-generating sac that pinches a bit of her DNA and replicates her entire physical form.

Her clone, which starts out as a metallic mannequin, mirrors her every move. She goes to punch it and it punches her right back. She runs to escape and it runs right with her, pinning her against the door with the weight of her own actions. She’s only able to end this hellish mime act by coming to terms with this shadow version of herself – and then destroying it.

It’s by this point, at the very end of the film, that Annihilation begins to look like a profound parable of self-reflection – an internal journey that explores human nature’s flawed desire to constantly expand into the unknown, when really we should be looking inwards.

source: http://www.digitalspy.com/movies/feature/a852095/netflix-annihilation-explained-ending-spoilers/